OnApp tracks CPU usage for virtual servers and generates charts that help analyze VS performance.
The charts show the total CPU usage for all the cores of this particular VS for a specified time period.
The vertical axis shows the CPU usage percentage (CPU percentage is the core-independent quantity). The horizontal axis defines a time period.
To see CPU usage statistics:
- Go to your Control Panel's Virtual Servers menu.
- Click the label of the virtual server you're interested in.
- Click the Overview tab > CPU Usage.
- On the screen that appears, the top chart shows CPU usage for the last 24 hours. The bottom chart shows usage for the last three months (if there is enough data). If there less data available, the chart will show utilization for the time available.
- Tick the Show in My Timezone box to show bandwidth statistics according to your profile's timezone settings.
- To zoom into a time period, click and drag in a chart. Click the Reset Zoom button to zoom out again.
- You can filter the statistics by date and time - select the time period from the drop-down menu and click the Apply button.
To see what percentage of compute resource CPU resource a VS takes, go to your Control Panel's Virtual Servers menu and click the label of the VS you're interested in. On the screen that appears, the CPU(s)/Shares parameter displays the amount of CPU resource given to this VS.