To add a video on demand CDN resource:
- Go to your Control Panel’s CDN Resources menu.
- Click the "+" button in the top right corner or the CDN Resource Wizard button.
- Follow the steps of the CDN resource creation wizard:
Select the required resource type - VOD, by clicking the corresponding button and click Next to proceed.
- CDN hostname – specify the name which will serve as a label only
- Content origin – specify the content origin type PULL or PUSH
If you have selected the PULL type, specify the origin.
If you have selected the PUSH type:
Tick the box next to the group(s) which will share the resource added. Available groups depend on the assigned billing plan limits.
The map displays own, subscribed and available CDN resources:
Choose the type of the connection from the drop-down box. Select HTTP, HTTPS or Auto.
Configure a rule to enable/disable access to the CDN resource’s content for specified countries.
- Access Policy – select the Disabled option to switch off a rule or Block by default. If the access policy is set to block by default, fill in the Except for Countries field to specify countries to which the access policy won’t be applied. To select more than one country, hold Ctrl during selection.
Hotlink policy - select the Disabled option to switch off hotlink policy security: otherwise choose Block by default. If the hotlink policy is set to block by default, fill in the Except for domains field to specify the domains to which the hotlink policy won’t be applied.
- Cache expiry – set the cache expiry time in minutes (min=1, max=35000000).
Ignore Set-Cookie - tick this checkbox to enable caching content with Set-Cookie response headers.
Search Engine Crawlers
- Block search engine crawlers - move the slider to the right to block web crawling bots from indexing the CDN content (for HTTP Pull CDN resources only).
- Enable secure Wowza – tick the box to protect your stream with Wowza secure token .
- Token for Edge/Flash player – specify the token authentication code. The authentication code will be then saved on the edge server. The token at the player side and the token at the edge server must match in order to make the video available.
- Tick the Enable Token Authentication box
- TokenAuth Primary Key - specify the secret key to be used with the scripts which generate token.
- TokenAuth Backup Key - input the backup key which can be used if you want to change the primary key. To make sure the link generated with existing token won't be broken, the suggested procedure is the following:
- Copy the existing primary key and paste to backup key.
- Fill in a new primary key.
- Protected Path - specify the protected path. By default it is "/". Only the Path inserted is allowed to be streamed.
Now proceed with running the .NET or .JAVA scripts to complete the procedure.
4. Click Create CDN Resource.
Only mp4 and flv files are currently supported.